- tags: Learning,Taking Notes,org-roam,Org Mode
- source: https://blog.jethro.dev/posts/how%5Fto%5Ftake%5Fsmart%5Fnotes%5Forg/
Notes aren’t a record of my thinking process. They are my thinking process. – Richard Feynman
The primary purpose of note-taking should not be for storing ideas, but for developing them. When we take notes, we should ask: “In what context do I want to see this note again?”
Note-taking for writing:
- Find topic/research question
- Research/find literature
- Read and take notes
- Draw conclusions / outline text
Two types of notes:
- Fleeting notes by org-journal.
- Project notes are basically everything else:
- a talk
- a book
- a paper
- any topic or thought I’ve refined from fleeting notes.
Workflow with Org-roam:
M-x org-roam-node-find RETcreate new node from anywhere.
- Link to or create the context nodes as the tag, the context node can be empty.
- Taking notes in one buffer.
- Thereafter if we want to see the accociated notes in a context, we can see the
Backlinksin the context node:
M-x org-roam-buffer-toggle RET.